|I'd like to ...||... book a double room (for two nights from Monday, 2 Aug to ...)|
|... book a table (for two at 9 pm tomorrow night)|
|... book a flight (from London to Paris on Tuesday, 10 Nov)|
|... book seats (tonight for "Phantom of the Opera")|
|... reserve a room, a table or seats.|
|How many people is the booking for?||It's for two people.|
|How would you like to pay?||Can I pay by credit card?|
|Could you spell your surname, please?||Yes, it's M - E - I - E - R.|
|Can I please have your credit card number and expiry date?||Yes, it's ...|
|What time do you wish to arrive (leave, check-out)?||I'd like to arrive in London by 6 pm.|
Would you like to take advantage of our special insurance (extra facilities, …)?
No, thank you.
|Could you give me some extra information?|
- Does this price include all taxes? (for hotels and flights)
- Is there a booking fee? (for flights, theatre tickets)
- Could you confirm my booking?
- What time should I arrive? (for theatres, restaurants)
- What time do I have to check in (out)? (for flights, hotels)
- Is there an ensuite bathroom? (for hotels)
Remember the essential information
- How many nights (at a hotel)?
- How many people (at a restaurant or the theatre)?
- What time (for a flight or at a restaurant)?
- How much does it cost (for a flight, theatre tickets or a hotel room)?
Research the vocabulary you need before you make a call
- What type of theatre seat you need?
- What type of hotel room you want?
- Where you want to sit on the plane?
Remember to pronounce numbers and letters clearly.
When you spell something or give a number, speak slowly and emphasise the important information.